Montclair Village is one of my favorite communities in Oakland. Here's the scoop:
- The vibe is small-town
- It's located in the beautiful tree-covered Oakland Hills
- I can get to it easily, because it's close to major freeways and bus lines
- Families love the public elementary and middle schools
- There are many stair paths from the streets above that lead to the village
- There are great walking paths
- Drive along Scout Road and you might see a family of wild turkeys crossing the road
What to do in Montclair Village...
- Visit the Sunday Farmers' Market. It's year round. (And have a picnic at the park.)
- Go to my FAVORITE sushi restaurant and eat some cutting edge sushi rolls at Kakui
- Take a walk on the trail at the top of LaSalle, or take the short drive up Colton or Snake Road and you are at Huckleberry Preserve and Skyline Gate for gorgeous hiking trails
- Play tennis in the public court.