The year was 1936:
- Franklin Roosevelt is re-elected for a second term.
- Max Schmeling knocks out Joe Lewis in the 12th round at Yankee Stadium.
- The Olympics were in Berlin Germany and Jesse Owens won the 100m dash.
- The first superhero to wear a skin tight costume and mask, The Phantom makes his first appearance in US Newspapers.
- And 950 Park Lane was built!
This classic Crocker Highland home is calling my name. With its handsome original woodwork, stunning staircase with scrolled railing, vintage stove, extra large rooms, and fantastic layout, I am envious of the person who will call this place home. 950 Park Lane is a home in need of system upgrades, but with a little sweat, vision and money; this house will be a masterpiece.
If I were to buy this home for myself, I would polish it back to its glory day of 1936, keeping every bit of its original charm. I would study the style of the 1930's and I would implement that era with a few modern and energy efficient upgrades.
This beautiful Oakland home was my favorite house from yesterday's Broker's Tour.
This home is currently listed with Tarpoff and Talbert and the photos are courtesy of Pat and Anet. I am happy to schedule a private showing of this wonderful home.